Our attorneys can represent you in U.S. immigration matters regardless of where you are located because U.S. immigration law is federal: you can be in any state, or in any country in the world.

Contact Us | About Us

521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10175, U.S.A., Telephone: (212) 488-6899

Immigration Handbooks

Our Immigration Handbooks provide an overview of key U.S. immigration topics. Including: Travel Without a Visa; Temporary Visas (Work Visas, Student Visas, Tourist Visas); Permanent Residency (Green Cards); Labor Certification; Temporary Protection; U.S. Citizenship; Enforcement; Occupations; Other Matters.

U.S. immigration law is a highly complex and intricate body of law. In general, a foreign person entering the U.S. is classified as either a "non-immigrant" or an "immigrant." Non-immigrants are persons who are entering the U.S. for a temporary period of time. In order to be employed in the U.S., non-immigrants must possess a temporary work visa, of which there are a number of different types.

Those foreign individuals who wish to remain permanently in the U.S. must obtain "permanent residency status," and are classified as "immigrants."

Finally, those individuals who have remained in permanent residency status for a number of years can apply for U.S. Citizenship. U.S. immigration law refers to this process as "naturalization."


Reader Comments

H4 application

I've recently obtain my H1B1 visa back in August 2007. My wife's OPT and F1 is due to expire at the end of this year. What are the process needed to change her status from F-1 to H-4? Please correct me if I'm wrong but I heard that no petition is required for her to get a H-4. Does that mean that we can just schedule an appointment with a local USCIS office and bring the required documents and paperwork for her to obtain the H-4 visa? What application forms do we need for this process?

Thank you.

Daniel Tan

H4 Application

In order to obtain an H4 in the U.S., i.e., through change of status, it is necessary to file an application


I been deported february,26 2008 . Do I have chens to re-enter USA any time soon ? No criminal .

Contact Antao & Chuang

To contact Antao & Chuang, fill out the following form and press the Send button:

(U.S. state, or country if outside the U.S.)
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
1 + 2 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

Search for H1B Visa Employers

You can search for "H1B Visa Employers" using this database, which was compiled by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law from government sources. This database identifies those U.S. employers who have filed for H-1B visas in the past, or who have at least started the process by filing for the LCA. If you find an employer you are interested in, you can then contact them to inquire as to whether they have any current job openings in your field. Please tell your friends about this valuable resource.

Use this form to search for H1B Visa employers.

"FMG Friendly" Employers

Foreign Medical Graduates ("FMGs") should be aware that there are "FMG Friendly" employers, and "FMG Unfriendly" employers. This database (compiled by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law from government sources) identifies those U.S. employers who have filed for H-1B visas for foreign medical graduates in the past (or at least started the process by filing for the LCA), and who can therefore be deemed "FMG Friendly". Please tell your colleagues about this valuable resource.

Use this form to search for "FMG Friendly" employers in a given state.

Recent comments

Antao & Chuang


© 1996-2024 Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law

Important Notices/Disclaimers

This website located under the world wide web domain "AntaoAndChuang.com" ("website"), and any subdomains, are owned, and maintained by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law, whose practice includes U.S. Immigration Law. Since U.S. Immigration Law is federal in nature, Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law, serves clients who are located throughout the U.S. and the world in U.S. immigration matters, from their offices located at 521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, N.Y. 10175. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law’s attorneys are licensed attorneys in the states where they practice. However, since said states do not recognize any specialization in U.S. immigration law (attorneys in said states are simply licensed in said states to practice law in general), Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not claim any such specialization, and nothing on this site should be deemed to constitute any such claim. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not claim expertise in the laws of states other than where our attorneys are licensed. This website is an advertisement. This website is provided as a public service and not intended to establish an attorney client relationship. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not accept clients on the strength of advertising materials alone but only after following our own engagement procedures. Any reliance on information contained herein is taken at your own risk. The information contained on this site is intended to educate members of the public generally and is not intended to provide solutions to individual problems. Readers are cautioned not to attempt to solve individual problems solely on the basis of information contained herein and are strongly advised to seek competent legal counsel before relying on information on this site. See Terms of Use.