Our attorneys can represent you in U.S. immigration matters regardless of where you are located because U.S. immigration law is federal: you can be in any state, or in any country in the world.

Contact Us | About Us

521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10175, U.S.A., Telephone: (212) 488-6899

Visiting the USA

Related topics:
In general, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. The "visitor" visa is a nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2). However, travelers from certain eligible countries may also be able to visit the U.S. without a visa on the Visa Waiver Pilot Program, discussed in the Visa Waiver Pilot Program section. In addition, citizens of other countries may be able to enter the U.S. without a visa. See the section on Travel Without a Visa.

Reader Comments

Visit Visa

My Sister have a sivior operation in u.s.a and she is u.s.a citizen, so what i want to know is can my mother visit take care of period 3 months during her operation and what specific document u need?

Visiting U.S. depends on Country of Citizenship

Under what circumstances one can visit the U.S. depends on one's country of citizenship and any past U.S. immigration history. For example, the U.S. permits the citizens of certain countries ("visa waiver countries") to visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without a visa, provided they meet other conditions. For citizens of countries which do need a visa, it may be possible to obtain a visitor's visa if one can convince the U.S. consular official that one will return to one's home country after the authorized visit, such as by showing proof of the purpose of the trip, e.g., to visit child having operation, etc. You should consult with a U.S. immigration attorney.

visa aquisition

i am a ghanaian citizen currently studying in china i have a resident permit and would like to travel to the USA during my vacation for a visit is it possible?

bring a friend

A talented skilled boy named Edgar is living with his aunt and Uncle in Tanzania. My mom and I are trying to bring him to the U.S. to have a year of good education and an amazing experience in the U.S. We need to know how to bring him here. By way of temporary guardianship? don't know how. Advice would be good

Military dependent from the Phillipines coming to the US

My son is stationed in Italy with the US Army, his wife is a citizen of the Philipines. He has been deployed to Afghanistan and she is expecting a child. She would like to come to the US to have the baby so that we can be with her. How and what kind of VISA does she need to come to the US temporarily for delivery of the baby?

Son wanting to visit girl freind in MS

My son wanted to travel from eastern Canada (he is a Canadian citizen) to visit with his girl friend who lives in Mississippi. He was planning on staying till August ( he's fresh out of High school and wanted to try to make a "go" of this relationship) We attempted to obtain a Green Card to allow him to be self-suffient while he was there. But, since He's not a rocket scientist or a highly skilled doctor, he was really not elegible for a green card. We wanted to drive him directly there, and then send him a ticket for traveling home in August. When we attempted to cross the border at Milltown Maine on May 25/07 we were interogated, our intigerty insulted and refused admission to the US because they thought that he "had too much stuff just to be visiting for a couple of months". My son is soft spoken and has been raised to tell the truth. Being a quiet respectful fellow he became rattled during the "interview" and of course contridicted his story (not that he had made up the original story but, that what he wanted to do, which we could not find any information to say that he couldn't do it, was not going to happen if the two border guards had their way, so he became very upset as he realized what he had set his heart upon was not going to be realized and that these cold hearted people did not care about him as a person).
What he was taking with him was; two duffel bags of clothing and personal effects, his desktop computer, and, his electric guitar and amp. While we realize that most people do not take a PC with them when visiting, he doesn't own a laptop and since he had met his "possible life's companion" on line (while on line gaming) to him it was natural to want to take this with him.
We were not given ANY options to allow us to proceed ( leaving the computor (if that was the problem) behind ( finding storage in St Stephen NB till I returned) or anything else. Just told to turn around ,go home ,and don't try to cross anywhere else( he was fingerprinted and photographed)
Now I do know that we could have got around this by some deception ie. sending his computer by courier, or making up a story and rehearsing it till we believed it ourselves, but that is not the way we live our lives so this seems like a insult to all law-abiding citizens

a student girl wants to invite her mother to USA to see her

I'm a 24 years old girl,who is studing English in USA. I am itching to see my family.I haven't see them since 2005. I want to invite my mom from Bulgaia to see me. Is it possible? If the answer is "yes",what should I do and how to do it?

need information

i came to california 3 months back i am on H1B working visa i work as a comp sys engg, my annual income is 50K i want to get a friend of mine to USA will it be possible. My account balance is less because its only 3 months i am here. can anyone help me.

Need Information

I live in the United States. I am interested in having two people from Ghana visit for one week. One adult and one minor child. Both have valid passports. I would like to know what information I need to submit for this visit. I have e-mailed the Ghana Embassy several times with no results. I would like a website or fax number with a list of information for me to submit. I have tried several different avenues and have had no luck.
Thank you for any information you can give me. I appreciate your help.


I have few questions.How to obtain a get a green card as an investor?
How much investment do I need to be eligible for the green card as an investor?
Once I have a green card, can I apply for the U.S. citizenship?
Where should I go to apply for the Green Card?

>I have few questions.How to

>I have few questions.How to obtain a get a green card as an investor?
>How much investment do I need to be eligible for the green card as an investor?


>Once I have a green card, can I apply for the U.S. citizenship?


Contact Antao & Chuang

To contact Antao & Chuang, fill out the following form and press the Send button:

(U.S. state, or country if outside the U.S.)
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
1 + 0 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

Search for H1B Visa Employers

You can search for "H1B Visa Employers" using this database, which was compiled by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law from government sources. This database identifies those U.S. employers who have filed for H-1B visas in the past, or who have at least started the process by filing for the LCA. If you find an employer you are interested in, you can then contact them to inquire as to whether they have any current job openings in your field. Please tell your friends about this valuable resource.

Use this form to search for H1B Visa employers.

"FMG Friendly" Employers

Foreign Medical Graduates ("FMGs") should be aware that there are "FMG Friendly" employers, and "FMG Unfriendly" employers. This database (compiled by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law from government sources) identifies those U.S. employers who have filed for H-1B visas for foreign medical graduates in the past (or at least started the process by filing for the LCA), and who can therefore be deemed "FMG Friendly". Please tell your colleagues about this valuable resource.

Use this form to search for "FMG Friendly" employers in a given state.

Recent comments

Antao & Chuang


© 1996-2024 Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law

Important Notices/Disclaimers

This website located under the world wide web domain "AntaoAndChuang.com" ("website"), and any subdomains, are owned, and maintained by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law, whose practice includes U.S. Immigration Law. Since U.S. Immigration Law is federal in nature, Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law, serves clients who are located throughout the U.S. and the world in U.S. immigration matters, from their offices located at 521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, N.Y. 10175. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law’s attorneys are licensed attorneys in the states where they practice. However, since said states do not recognize any specialization in U.S. immigration law (attorneys in said states are simply licensed in said states to practice law in general), Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not claim any such specialization, and nothing on this site should be deemed to constitute any such claim. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not claim expertise in the laws of states other than where our attorneys are licensed. This website is an advertisement. This website is provided as a public service and not intended to establish an attorney client relationship. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not accept clients on the strength of advertising materials alone but only after following our own engagement procedures. Any reliance on information contained herein is taken at your own risk. The information contained on this site is intended to educate members of the public generally and is not intended to provide solutions to individual problems. Readers are cautioned not to attempt to solve individual problems solely on the basis of information contained herein and are strongly advised to seek competent legal counsel before relying on information on this site. See Terms of Use.