Our attorneys can represent you in U.S. immigration matters regardless of where you are located because U.S. immigration law is federal: you can be in any state, or in any country in the world.

Contact Us | About Us

521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10175, U.S.A., Telephone: (212) 488-6899

Common Work Visas

Related topics:

This section discusses some of the most popular temporary work visas which are used by foreign nationals to enter the U.S. and work in various occupations for various periods of time.

Note that these are not the only types of work visas which are available. In addition, foreign nationals sometimes obtain the authorization to work based on other qualifications, such as by qualifying for "Temporary Protected Status", for individuals from certain countries which are experiencing some-type of strife. Likewise, some foreign nationals obtain temporary work status as part of their student visas, or as a precursor to obtaining permanent residency status.

Anyone considering the various options, should take a look at the List of Temporary Visas and Classifications, as well as the List of of primary avenues to U.S. Permanent Residency (“Green Card” status).

It is also important to note that certain nationals have special types of work authorization available to them, e.g., Canadians, Mexicans, Australians, Singaporeans, etc.

Reader Comments

H-1B transfer

I am looking to file for an H-1B transfer, but my employer has "lost" the original H-1B approval notice and doesn't even have a copy. Can I file for a transfer with only my pay stubs and other documents but without the approval notice? If so, do I need other documents?

Lost H-1B Approval Notice

If the original H-1B petition was actually approved, and the employer has lost the approval notice, the petitioner might try filing without an approval notice if he or she can state the original receipt number. The petitioner may also request a replacement of the I-94. Of course, it would be prudent to request a replacement approval notice before filing, but that might take some time to obtain.

Re: Country Option(s) for H-1B Visa Application

I would like to know what options (i.e. location of visa application)are available when applying for an H-1B visa in the following situation -- Born and raised in country X, but sole citizenship from country Y (classified as non-resident); travelled from country X to USA for higher studies on F-1, and presently considering change of status to H-1B, following employment. Note: no residency ties remain in country X due to time spent away for higher studies.

Contact Antao & Chuang

To contact Antao & Chuang, fill out the following form and press the Send button:

(U.S. state, or country if outside the U.S.)
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
8 + 4 =
Solve this simple math problem and enter the result. E.g. for 1+3, enter 4.

Search for H1B Visa Employers

You can search for "H1B Visa Employers" using this database, which was compiled by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law from government sources. This database identifies those U.S. employers who have filed for H-1B visas in the past, or who have at least started the process by filing for the LCA. If you find an employer you are interested in, you can then contact them to inquire as to whether they have any current job openings in your field. Please tell your friends about this valuable resource.

Use this form to search for H1B Visa employers.

"FMG Friendly" Employers

Foreign Medical Graduates ("FMGs") should be aware that there are "FMG Friendly" employers, and "FMG Unfriendly" employers. This database (compiled by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law from government sources) identifies those U.S. employers who have filed for H-1B visas for foreign medical graduates in the past (or at least started the process by filing for the LCA), and who can therefore be deemed "FMG Friendly". Please tell your colleagues about this valuable resource.

Use this form to search for "FMG Friendly" employers in a given state.

Recent comments

Antao & Chuang


© 1996-2024 Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law

Important Notices/Disclaimers

This website located under the world wide web domain "AntaoAndChuang.com" ("website"), and any subdomains, are owned, and maintained by Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law, whose practice includes U.S. Immigration Law. Since U.S. Immigration Law is federal in nature, Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law, serves clients who are located throughout the U.S. and the world in U.S. immigration matters, from their offices located at 521 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1700, New York, N.Y. 10175. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law’s attorneys are licensed attorneys in the states where they practice. However, since said states do not recognize any specialization in U.S. immigration law (attorneys in said states are simply licensed in said states to practice law in general), Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not claim any such specialization, and nothing on this site should be deemed to constitute any such claim. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not claim expertise in the laws of states other than where our attorneys are licensed. This website is an advertisement. This website is provided as a public service and not intended to establish an attorney client relationship. Antao & Chuang, Attorneys at Law does not accept clients on the strength of advertising materials alone but only after following our own engagement procedures. Any reliance on information contained herein is taken at your own risk. The information contained on this site is intended to educate members of the public generally and is not intended to provide solutions to individual problems. Readers are cautioned not to attempt to solve individual problems solely on the basis of information contained herein and are strongly advised to seek competent legal counsel before relying on information on this site. See Terms of Use.