You may be able to qualify for U.S. Permanent Residency based on the EB-1 category for "Outstanding Professors and Researchers": if you are a professor who is being offered a tenured or tenure-track position, by a university or other institution of higher education, as a teacher or in a permanent position as a researcher in your academic field; or if you are a researcher being offered a permanent research position in your academic field by a qualifying private employer.
FIRST, you must possess at least 2 of the following criteria:
- receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field;
- membership in associations in the academic field, which require outstanding achievements of their members;
- published material in professional publications written by others about your work in the academic field;
- participation on a panel, or individually, as the judge of the work of others in the same or an allied academic field;
- original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field; or
- authorship of scholarly books or articles, in scholarly journals with international circulation, in the academic field.
SECOND, you must have at least 3 years of experience in teaching and/or research in the academic field.
- If you will be employed by a university or other institution of higher education, you must be offered a tenured or tenure-track position as a teacher or in a permanent position as a researcher in the academic field.
- If you will be employed by a private employer, you must be offered a permanent research position in the academic field, and the employer must employ at least 3 full-time researchers and have achieved documented accomplishments in the field.